Tuesday, October 25, 2011

age....


somethings just look better with 
a little age...




age is beauty, the patina of life...
when renovating our.... 
HIS house in atlanta...

everybody advised me against putting
marble counter tops in our kitchen....

the soft stone will scratch, stain, and possibly chip....
well everybody didn't understand
that was exactly what i was looking for,
a little age...
a little softness...
a little patina...




have you ever noticed how beautiful copper looks once 
it has aged and turned green?

"Through one hundred years of biting sea winds, driving rains and beating sun, the copper skin of the Statue of Liberty not only has grown more beautiful but also has remained virtually intact."


speaking of our Statue Of Liberty
a beautiful strong women...

i recently had a talk with one of my dearest friends...
i am approaching 43
and newly single...

 newly insecure about my age,
my looks,
my everything...

my friend looked at me 
and reminded me how beautiful women are...
how beautiful
women with a little age are...









there is something to be said about a woman who
has wonderful laugh lines on her face...

i have always believed the pain and hardship in life is 
what makes it all unique...
it is our balance...

thank you my friend for reminding me of what i already knew...

how beautiful life is and when a woman shows
her life in her looks
it only adds softness
and
wisdom...


in all honesty
i like a little age in all aspects of life...



i need to not forget...
 i like it in myself
as well..
















No comments: