my sister is hosting a party for charlestons
design walk on king street...
she came up with this adorable idea
of serving oyster shooters...
- 10 live oysters in shell
- 1 cup vegetable juice (such as V-8)
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Scrub oysters thoroughly, and rinse under cold running water until all grit is removed. Shuck oysters (leaving the meat on the half shells); carefully cut the foot of each oyster with the shucking knife.
- 2. Combine vegetable juice and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a liquid measuring cup. Stir in hot sauce, if desired. Fill each of 10 shot glasses with 2 1/2 tablespoons juice mixture. Place the meat from one oyster in each glass. Discard shells.
- i think this is such an adorable idea
- and lexie has decided to add a celery
- stick to assist getting the oyster
- out of the glass...
even a pickled green bean would be good...