every year i throw a fabulous zombie
i have this party the week before halloween and everyone brings
a pumpkin to carve!
having everyone dress like a zombie
just adds to the fun of the evening!
it makes a dramatic
a fog machine adds to every halloween party!!!
Stuffed Intestines Recipe
Irresistible Chickpea Crust
- 1 c. cooked chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2/3 c. vegetable shortening or margarine
- 6 Tbsp. water
- Red/Blue food coloring for painting veins (this step comes much later)
Green Guts Filling
- 16 oz. bag of frozen peas (canned won’t give the right color)
- 1 1/2 c. non-dairy milk (soy, rice, almond, etc.)
- spices to taste (we used an Italian spice mix and nutritional yeast)
this is a roasted local beet and arugula salad
with a sherry vinaigrette
and if you look hard you can see
the bloody body parts mixed in.....
mashed potatoes with
the main course was a roasted pork
loin with a cherry
port demi glaze.
to drink i served black vodka served with a splash of cherry juice and i froze flies and roaches in the ice.
i also made a white sangria
- 5 lady apples
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) green seedless grapes
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) red seedless grapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine, chilled
- 2 cups sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 6 tablespoons poire William (pear-flavored eau-de-vie)
lanterns and spider webs really give
a scary effect. tomb stones in the yard with your guest names on them
are fun and VERY eerie....
i have been giving this party for the past 10 years...
these pictures are from the past 5 years... every year gets better and better
i look forward to getting started on this year!
i hope this has gotten you in the HALLOWEEN